Website

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Origin at Siop y Seld




Origin is opening at 23 King Street Carmarthen (the old Siop y Seld ) on Saturday 24th September.



This is the gallery for a co-operative of artists and craftmakers from West Wales (the old County of Dyfed).



I have been a member of the co-operative for many years and although we had a gallery in Blue Street Carmarthen it wasn’t very prominent there. This gallery had lots of space and has great potential.
The shop itself is interesting I believe it was rebuilt in 1932 following a fire and was furnished in art deco style. Many of the original features remain.



Anyway I hope you find time to pay us a visit. There will be fine art, cards, pottery, textiles, ironwork, jewellery, woodworkings, glass work and much more.



The painting above is one I did in a demo this year. I have virtually stopped doing demonstrations and talks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment