Website

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Brecon Beacons




The painting above is an oil of the Beacons which I finished this week. It shows Pen y Fan in the background along with Corn Ddu. We have climbed Pen y Fan many times in the past but it must be 25yrs plus since we last got up there. I keep promising we will have a day out. I’m just afraid it might turn out into a two-day exercise. I am determined we will have a go, but not this week.

I painted in the gallery this morning and had a bit of an accident. I had finished the painting, which involved some detail of a dog and two children. I then accidentally ran a brush through the whole set of figures. This added another 20 minutes onto the painting to put it right.

I admit I had been in a bit of a rush as I had someone coming to the house.

Still there is a moral there.

Haste is the mother of imperfection?



One of the great disadvantages of hurry is that it takes such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment