Website

Monday 25 July 2011

Sayings



Sometimes you are limited to what you can actually draw or paint. Being on a campsite ensure there are always plenty of caravans and motorhomes to draw.
The picture above is from Cirencester site. It’s not very thrilling but its all-good practice.
Paul Gaugin said “I shut my eyes in order to see.” This for me is how I paint.

No! I don’t shut my eyes when I paint thank you. I need to have a clear vision of the finished painting before I set to work on it. I then think about the process how I will paint it, what order to lay down colours etc.
In the words of Jesse Jackson, “If my mind can conceive it, my heart can believe it then I can achieve it.” Yes you have to believe you can paint it. Confidence is essential.
Today I did a painting of The River Towy near Carmarthen. It is a scene on the East of the Town and you can just make out the County Hall in the distance. I also spent 5 hours in Origin Dyfed painting walls and making good the property before we hand it back over.
Alex has done a good job with the accounts and breaking it down with analysis of our areas of income and expenditure. Tomorrow we have the grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment