Website

Friday 15 July 2011

Rapanui Sunset


We were talking about sunsets the other day and I was reminded of one very special one off Angle Point in the Haven Pembrokeshire. Alex and I were guests aboard our friends yacht “Rapanui” which they had brought back from New Zealand. We were anchored off the point and enjoyed a lovely evening of hospitality, good company and wine. To cap it all it was a clear evening with the sound of the tide going out through the rocks nearby. The sun was setting over St Annes Head and it was one of those perfect moments.

The picture is still in my head although it is probably exaggerated through the passage of time. I am tempted to paint it but I know I wouldn’t do it justice and it was one of those moments when you just had to be there.

Sadly Terry left this life early but he is still living on in our memories.
The sketch above shows a little cutter off the Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment