Website

Thursday 9 June 2011

Usk at Brynych


The painting above is of the bridge over the river Usk at Brynych and sold last weekend.


I finished a painting this morning and then we went to Town to get some last minute items for the exhibition and probably more importantly bread veg. and fish for tea.

I was listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 yesterday while I was painting and there was an article about the rare white-throated robin, which had been sighted in Britain for the first time in a decade. This had caused thousands of bird watchers to flock to Hartlepool? Anyway while I was in Town today I saw something equally rare. I wondered if I should tweet it and if I did would thousands rush to see it. It was the sight of not one but two police officers walking. Its a truism really a bit like buses you don't see one for ages then two come along at once.  I thought there must be a serious incident in the Town but I then saw them walk into Gregg’s the Bakers!

Seriously I am a huge supporter of the police who do a really excellent job and I hope the cuts don’t result in fewer officers. It really is a thin blue line and I would n't want it to be stretched further.

Now I must get on loading the van while Alex finishes framing one last painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment