Website

Thursday 2 June 2011

Great Expectations


I thought I would have a day off today I have to cut the grass and then I thought I would read a bit of my book. I am currently reading Great Expectations ~ Dickens.
A nice read.
I recently read Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket ~ Edgar Allan Poe. That had a fine to start with but suddenly it lost all credibility and interest for me. It was as if it was written by two authors.

Anyway I enjoy a good read and think a day off will charge the batteries. I note that The Hay Festival or Book Festival, I’m not sure what you call it is on currently. I like reading but am not that interested in analysing books or listening to people talk about them.  It can all be a bit highbrow.

I was once asked by Phil Rickman of the Book Show on Radio Wales if I would review books for the show. I declined due to work and basically a lack of any interest in doing that sort of thing.

The watercolour sketch above shows a girl trying to control a couple of “Tups” or rams.

No comments:

Post a Comment