Website

Thursday 17 March 2011

North Wales Cottage


The painting above is of a cottage above Harlech. I like simple watercolours and for me this is about as simple as it gets. To reduce a scene to its bare essentials while keeping its charm and atmosphere is really the key. I think I have achieved that here.


Today I was a bit off colour and took it easy except that Alex encouraged me to go shopping. I think using my discount card for Focus DIY was the main reason. We bought timber to build raised beds for the vegetable garden.

I cut the timber in between taking it easy watching England escape a certain loss in the cricket to the West Indies. Alex spent the day building the beds and digging.

I have two paintings in mind to start at the moment and am not sure which one to do tomorrow. They will both take a little time so I will take the plunge in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment