Website

Friday 18 March 2011

Night Watch ~ with apologies to Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn


I did the painting above today. It is lightly referenced to Rembrandt’s famous painting the Night Watch. There the similarity ends.


Of course Rembrandt had to paint in the actual faces/portraits of all the members in his work. I did not and therefore the painting is a lot looser and was quickly executed.

I was asked yesterday if I would consider doing some teaching in an establishment. I declined, quite abruptly according to Alex. The point is really I enjoy painting I don’t enjoy teaching.

I do currently give personal tuition on a one to one basis but only have one pupil. She is very keen and I am quite happy to give up a couple of hours a week. I would not wish to teach on a more formal basis.

Today we had one of the grandchildren. Why do schools have inset days?

No comments:

Post a Comment