Website

Friday 11 March 2011

His Pride and Joy ~ Grey Ferguson Tractor


The painting above is the one is of a Ferguson tractor. I posted an image of the drawing a couple of days ago.


I went to a school in Aston which had an annex near Lichfield. The annex was an old hall and farm. You spent the third year boarding at the annex. (It was subsidised and people paid what they could afford if anything). I thoroughly enjoyed my year there and got to drive a tractor like the one above and do all the farm chores. I could never have been a farmer though. It is just too much of a tie. But I loved the outdoors and still do.


I probably enjoyed the boarding because school work took a bit of a backward step.

We did anything to get out of maths or French. Someone would leave the pigs out and we could spend a morning chasing them around the fields. Someone else would stuff straw up the chimney in the Nissan Huts used as classrooms and we would be smoked out.

We played rugby in a field full of cow pats and sheep….Probably couldn’t do most of it now with H&S.

It all sounds a bit Huckleberry Finn and I suppose it was in way. I didn’t like school much bit I did enjoy the year boarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment