Website

Friday 21 January 2011

Another Tale to tell


Here is another pen and ink sketch I found of Luke our old dog. I was talking about my St. Bernard yesterday. I remember one incident with him on a hot sunny day. I would have been about 12 years old. I took him to the local park. Well actually he took me. He was probably fractionally lighter than me but certainly a lot stronger. Taking him for a walk entailed hanging on to the lead and watching the scenery flash by.


Running through the park was a stream that was fed by local factories. As a child I had played in this with my friends and it is a wonder I am not glowing green now.

Anyway being a hot day “Tel” decided to head for the stream of pollutants and lie in it. There was nothing I could do to stop him. He was running with his lead hanging behind him. He submerged himself in the stream and then ran up the hill to a man sunbathing on the grass. He then, you can see where this is going, launched himself playfully onto the prone body. I was already in full flight towards the park gates. “Tel” caught me up, with a very irate and wet man chasing us hurling threats and abuse words that questioned out parentage.

No comments:

Post a Comment