Website

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Expert Witness



Today we sold cards a watercolour painting of Llansteffan and I had a commission for a large painting. So all in all not a bad day. Still not that many people but the one's that came in bought.

The other good thing about exhibitions is that you get a chance for "feedback", what people like don't like, and of course the expert witness. Today I had the expert witness who pointed out a technical error in one of the paintings. He was actually quite correct, although this is not always the case and in those situations its a choice between arguing the point or just agreeing. Generally I would just politely listen and let them go on their merry way.

As I say in this case my friend was quite correct and I readily conceded the point. It is always useful to be kept up to the mark. To err as they say is human and I am very human with all the frailties attached. I was grateful he only found one minor technical error in 61 paintings. I am sure I could have found more if I tried really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment