Website

Sunday 12 December 2010

Coincedence


The painting above was sold yesterday. It shows two red kites in the Black Mountains. There are two coincedences involving this picture. I painted it a couple of months ago. This week I saw the very same location on the TV. On Country file there was an article on swallows nesting in under the eaves of a pumping station roof. The pumping station in question is just below this waterfall.
I was quite excited to see the camera pan across the scene, when I explained it to Alex she showed enough enthusiasm to put me in the same league as Pikey in Dad's Army,
"Stupid Boy" Oh well. Maybe you just had to be there.
The other coincedence is that the person who bought it turned out to live 80yds away from us.
Weird! Sorry that was ironic.
I was quite pleased with the painting. I don't paint birds close up very often as they can sometimes make a picture very artificial like an illustration. I think this one worked.
Tommorow is the last day of the exhibition. Overall it has gone ok. The footfall has been very low but 10% of those that came in bought something so it has been long periods of quiet interupted with a sale.
Alex put up the Christmas decorations today and I went for a long walk on the beach with our dog and the resident guest (our daughters dog).
Anyway to finish with quote of the day:
"It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life." Julius Ceasar

No comments:

Post a Comment