Website

Saturday 18 September 2010

Warm and cool greys



The Painting above is one that sold today. It is a watercolour of Mwnt Church. I personally like muted colours, warm and cool greys. That is not to say that I dont use other palettes of colour as the need or painting requires.

The painting itself reflects a lot about our environment.


The landscape and light in this country is for the most part grey but not dull grey or worse light black. The Church in most places was the centre of communities as they were established and was the first stone built building. I enjoy looking around a church or cathedral and feeling the history reading the names on the tombstones of people that have gone before. I am not a greatly spiritual person but I would be hard pressed to admit that they dont have a very calming presence. Consequently I am more than happy to paint a chapel or church.


Anyway we had a busy day with selling framing and delivering the watercolour and arranging other paintings. Now for a quiet evening in with the granschildren, note the irony, actually they are very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment