Website

Friday 27 August 2010

Zen and the art of Gardening


Aberglasney is run by a private trust who work very hard to keep it going and move it on. They rely on private donations and some grants. I donated the painting above of Aberglasney for the Trust to give to a mature Lady from up North who has contributed substantial sums of money to the fund.
Now I like looking at gardens trees and nature but I have to say I am no gardener. I go along witht the old Zen saying,
"Hunter who chase 2 rabbits catch neither"
I only have a couple real interests my family and painting and rugby. I consider gardening to be an obligation to stop the local tenants association knocking on my door.
Today unfortunately was a day for gardening having been at the exhibition for 2 weeks. Things were a bit out of control. I also look after my mother's garden, maybe I'm paying a penance for some great evil deed I undertook in another life.
Some good news though a new watercolour brush arrived which I had ordered. I dont suppose I will test it anytime soon as I have about 7 oils to do at present. So don't look for me in the garden tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment