Website

Monday 30 August 2010

Less is better


Where watercolours are concerned I have the philosophy that less is better. The watercolours that appeal to me have been confidently executed with a minimum of strokes. The danger with watercolours is that of merely using the paint to fill in a drawing. The painting above of Abersoch is now gracing the walls of a house in France.
In all my paintings I like to see how I would paint them if I had to start again. This is a search for constant improvement.
Watercolours lend themselves to being used in layers as opposed to filling in the shapes. Hence less is more or better.
Today I have filled in the details for the Small Picture Show and sorted out the camper. Alex has been changing a frame for a customer and has been cleaning.
Countdown for the off now. Looking forward to a couple of weeks in Devon while my family come here to look after my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment