Website

Thursday 12 August 2010

Aberglasney


A day of carrying paintings, cataloging and packing. Still nearly all done now but will need to take 2 vehicles tomorrow. One of the hardest things was choosing paintings. I keep saying, "What about this one or should we take that?" At the end of the day it is a matter of taking new work and a couple of older ones that havent been out in a while.
Generally a painting will sell within two years, if not its either too expensive or not in the right market, a couple of my unsold paintings are between £1000 and £2000 but they are very niche market and took a long time to paint. I am quite happy for them to sit on my wall at the present.
We start our exhibition at Aberglasney Mansion 10am, so its a bit of a rush as we cant get in until 8.30am. Aberglasney Mansion is pictured above with the old gatehouse in front. I have sold several different paintings of the Mansion and gardens all watercolours or drawings. This is mainly because I tend to sit and draw or paint to while away the time at exhibitions.
I really enjoy exhibiting here the place is quite magical and the people so friendly. So here's hoping for some nice weather and maybe I will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment