Website

Wednesday 21 July 2010

The Stationary Engine


What a 24hrs, did I mention we look after my mother bless her? She is nearly 90 but claims to be 70 or 120 depending on what day it is. Unfortunately last night was not a good night.
Anyway in between everything else today I did finish off 2 oil paintings. Actually finish would be a better way of putting it depending on your viewpoint. Alex managed to mount 9 paintings. So all things considered not too bad a day., two walks with the dog and a visit to Tesco's..included.
The painting above The stationary engine is one I finished off. The other was of Harlech beach looking towards Snowdonia. We went to a vintage rally in "Pontargothi" (translation is Bridge over the Cothi river) a few weeks ago. It was a lovely summers day and I felt I should do a painting of some part of the show.
I like doing the occasional querky painting, street scenes and the like. I am also a sort of self taught engineer and have made small stationary engines and boilers etc in the past. So steam engines and vintage engines shows appeal to me. Well there it is I may or may not put it up for sale but I enjoyed doing it.
A bottle of wine and pasta now.

No comments:

Post a Comment