Website

Monday 19 July 2010

Day out in Pembrokeshire



Today I had to drive down to Pembrokeshire to find some bits and pieces for our camper while alex (my good lady wife) got on with some framing. Didnt really mind as I got to stop off at Hobbs Point,this is an old landing stage in Pembroke Dock on the Milford Haven waterway.

There were a few Tugs in the Dockyard and a yacht was slowly making its way seaward. The Haven is a busy industrial waterway with lots of interesting shipping. I have been fortunate to have done a lot of sailing in the area and consequently I have done many marine scenes. Pictured above is a painting of a Russian flagged vessel the Ohktar Bridge on the old Texaco jetty. (The Ohktar bridge was involved in a rescue in a round the world Yacht race). I have an affinity to this waterway as part of my family were workers in the Naval Dockyards which were based at Pembroke Dock .

Tommorrow its delivering stock to the National Trust and maybe a bit of sketching if Im lucky.

If you have seen my exhibition in Brecon drop a comment what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment